Calling for nominations! Nominations from the public will be accepted with the deadline of January 22nd, 2016. If you know someone who has made a difference on the North Shore, be it in their career, as a volunteer or in any other capacity, please submit a nomination today! The Tim Jones Community Achievement Award, co-presented by VIMFF and NSR is an annual award recognizing the exceptional contribution or achievement of an individual or a couple in any aspect of the Vancouver’s North Shore Community.
Your nomination, criteria are below, should be submitted via email attention Sieneke Toering: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award will be presented at the VIMFF Opening Night on February 12th, 2016 at the Centennial Theatre in North Vancouver
North Shore trail builder Todd’ Digger’ Fiander received the very first award presented by mountain bike freeride ‘Godfather’ Wade Simmons. In 2014 the award was renamed ‘The Tim Jones Community Achievement Award’, in memoriam of the late and great Tim Jones, paramedic and chief for over 24 years of the North Shore Rescue. Tim Jones received this award posthumous in 2015 and his daughter Taylor Jones received the award on Tim’s behalf. The award was renamed to continue Tim’s legacy and to keep on inspiring community members to selflessly help others. The mission of the award is to educate and share the passion for nature and the love for our backyard mountains.
The nominees for this award must fulfill the following criteria:
- Shall be/ have been active in the North Shore outdoors or sports Community
- Shall be perceived as having made an outstanding contribution
- Must be perceived as an ‘unsung hero’, someone who has received little in the way of national and or public recognition for their accomplishments
All submissions will be adjudicated by a jury consisting of the North Shore community members, who will select a recipient from the eligible submitted candidates.
Submissions must include:
- Name and phone number or email of the individual submitting the application
- Name, phone number, mailing address and email of the candidate
- A letter from the nominator (500-700 words) explaining the candidate’s involvement in, and impact upon, the North Shore community
- All applicable support materials, such as pictures, video links other biographical documents must be in a format that is easily received by email
To Submit Your Nomination
For more information and to submit a nomination, please contact Sieneke Toering: email@example.com